Saturday 5 January 2013

2013

 Have you seen the flowers on a Pony Tail plant ? It only been the last few years that I have seen them flower. Very striking. I just wonder, does that part of the plant die once the flower does. I will just have to wait and see. (I hope not)


 Before Christmas I got busy finishing  the quilts I had in my quilting pile. The pile has only 2 small quilts now. For this little quilt I have been playing with strips and No rulers. It's been lots of fun.


 Colour wash Hearts and Flowers quilt. I made this quilt as a sample for a up coming class. We will use a 2" fusible grid. This fusible grid would of been very handy for a lovey lady I know that had a lot of trouble with her colour wash quilt many years ago.


 Second quilt with No rulers. I have had a lot of fun making those quilts





Christmas at Bexley
We have just had 2 lovely weeks away with family and friends. It's great to catch up with every one.
My uncle made this stunning big santy. He is standing out near the front gate so all the passing traffic can see him.



The "Hen and Chicks" was out in flower. So pretty. Sorry I don't know it rigth name.


No quilting, sewing, or a piece of fabric at all while I was away. But plenty of other crafts to keep us busy. Mum and I had a good time playing with wire. Made a few things (Art) to go in the garden.
Mum made the two bird cages and my uncle made the little birds in side. Very cute birds.

 I made two wire bowls. There pretty big. Not sure were I will put them but I'm sure I will find a spot.


 We also made a lot of Barbwire balls. Doug said they would be good for the little (real) birds to make there nests in so the bigger bird can't get to them. He side that's about all there good for. Mum and I think there pretty neat. More art in the garden.


Back into the quilting now I am home. Working on a quilt with all the OLD "red waggon" fabric I have.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and new year. Now it's time to look ahead to the wonders we will get up to this year.

1 comment:

  1. What great idea's with the wire! Mayhave to make myself some too! Gayle

    ReplyDelete