Thursday 17 November 2011

Thursday Sewing

 Sally, Laurene & Bev arrived for a wonderful inspiring day of sewing. It was great to get together to see what each person had been working on.
I have all most fnished my Headen Wells quilt. Two more  boarders to go, smaller blue one then the out side larger boarder, but!!!!! I have run out of  boarder fabric. Most of the fabric I purchased  from the Silver Thimble, so I will have to ring Sandy to see if she still has it in the shop. (fingers crossed)









Laurene busy at work. She took over my sewing machine so I had to find same thing else to work on.That wasn't to hard to do when I have heaps of projects on the go. Laurene was working on three very interesting  quilts. I can't wait to see them finished.

Sally was brushing up on her typing skills.

The 3 quilts hanging on the design wall belong to Bev & my self. Headen Well that I started at Sandys retreat. Center quilt is a pattern design am working on. Have used similar fabric to go with the quilt I made for Jo. The pink, green & brown quilt. The appliqued vines belong to Bev. She started this quilt at Toomoowba. If you go to BevBSews you will see more of Bevs wonderful work.

Bev & Laurene working.  (Still haven't got my sewing machine back)
 2nd  pink, brown  & green quilt.This is the pattern design am working on. Still have the boarders to add.  This is a easy pattern to make.
  Part of the pile of quilts I have ready to quilt. Lucky most of the quilts are small. I hope to have them all quilted by the new year.

 I went for a walk around the garden. A lot of the plants are still flowering. They are so pretty. The Desert Rose has been flowering for weeks, the colour is stunning. You only have to look at nature to find the best inspiration for your colour choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment