Thursday 8 December 2011

Leaving the Nest

 This is the Doilly runner sample I was working on at the Gemmie Quilters Doilly workshop. All finished.

We have had a busy week. Our daughter Megan has just left home. She is so excited about moving out in to the big wild world. Mum is excited for her too, but very sad at the same time.
It only seem like yesterday that we brought our little baby girl home from the hospital. The years disappeared so fast.
 With all the moving & re-arranging I got in & gave my sewing room a good spring clean. I moved out the two cupboards full of my hand made dolls & moved in a book case.

 Only have two quilts left in my quilting pile, No that's a lie I  just added two more but you can see more of the sewing table now.
 The jacaranda is out in flower. Its just as pretty under the tree as the tree is.Its a great colour.
              The garden is looking lovely. A week ago it was so dry & hot looking. The only places that looked any good were the garden beds, the rest of the yard was brown with a little tints of green. I was only just keeping it alive with the sprinklers. Now after a few days of rain, every thing is lovely & green. Amazing what a bit of rain can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment