Thursday 4 October 2012

A Wedge Ruler is a wonderfull thing

 Few weeks ago I had a class at Peter's with the wedge ruler. One of the girls made 2 table runners & the rest of the class made cushions. Large floor cushions.
 They were all lovely. I think all the cushions would very nice in my house.
 We had one lady that was in Emerald for a few weeks work, that popped in to join the class. She had never done anything like this before.
She made the mistake of showing her family the stunning cushion she made & now she has orders for a lot more.


Hip Hip Hooray.... I have finely finished Terri's 21th quilt. Boy!!!! What a bloody long job that was, I didn't think I was ever going to get to the end of the quilting.
Terri had a very quick look  & then it was all packed up to be sent of to the QLD Quilt show. I will show you a better photo once I get it back (or when Terri finely receives  it)


I had a lovely surprise in the mail. My wonderful friend Lorraine send me her doillies.  She said  she made some & some were made by Lorraine's mum. That makes them extra special.
 Just have to think of something creative to made with them now.


On Sunday Bev drove Evol, Sally, & I out to Barcaldine to the "Infinite Horizons"  Exhibition of red & white quilts. It was a great display, If you get a chance to see it, make sure you go. They will be on show at the QLD quilt show.
 Evol busy reading the story for each quilt.
The Barcaldine Lady's always put on a stunning show, lots to eat & even more to see. Plus its great to catch up with evey one

 One of the quilts Bev, Evol & I made. We sure got a surprise when we saw the quilt hanging. What... I don't believe it, look again. Yes, we had forgotten to quilt 5 of the triangles.
Well, what could you do but laugh, after we picked our self up from the shock that is.( Still can't believe we done that)

No comments:

Post a Comment