Sunday 21 October 2012

Helen's home Exhibition

 I've just had 3 wonderful days in Brisbane. Went down for the Stitches & Craft show. I met up with Sylvia, Helen, Judy & Janette. There was so much to see & do. Also caught up with Leone. She is still a very busy lady.
While looking at all the quilts I ran into Bev. We both had quilts on display at the quilt show.

This is the quilt I made for Terri, my niece. Her 21st quilt. Terri designed the applique as a tattoo originally but we decided to make into a quilt, this way its something we both designed and enjoy. This is the first quilt I have on display in the show.

 This is a close up of the quilting. Took me weeks to quilt this quilt but it's finally done.

The 2nd quilt I have on display in the show. 

 This is a close up of Bev's quilt. You will have to go to her blog to get a better look at it. It's a lovely quilt and she has done so much quilting on it. If I knew how to make a link I would as I'm very impressed and you REALLY should have a look at it.

 The red and white quilts on display. And guess what - our quilt is front and bottom centre. With the mistake and all.

 All of us out to lunch before we have our second go at the shops and another look at the quilts.



We said goodbye Bev and then we all headed off the Helen's at Bribie Island for the next few days.
 After a lovely day of Helen driving us all over the place, from the Glass House Mountains to Montville checking out every patchwork shop we could find along the way, it was back home to Helen's to relax and have a drink...or two. Plus we had show and tell.
Sylvia made this lovely quilt for Judy. Many years ago Judy let Sylvia raid her fabric stash and Sylvia has never forgotten her generosity, so as a thank you gift she made Judy this quilt.

 Then we had show and tell with all of Helen's quilts. Most of them are ready to be quilted, a few are finished and a couple are almost done.

 This is one we all made our own versions of a few years ago. Everyone's quilt looks completely different. Helen chose to do hand applique on hers.

 This is another hand worked quilt.

 This one is for one of her lovely granddaughters.

 This is another quilt that we have all made our own versions of. Helen's done hand applique again on this one. ( I even did mine by hand.)
 Helen is still working on this one, she does lovely hand work.

 Just a close up of her hand quilting.

 The second quilt she has been working on. She hand quilted it over the winter.

And finally this is a hand applique AND hand pieced blocks that Helen had been working on.

Well now that I'm home I'd better get busy and finish a few mine that need doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment