Wednesday 24 September 2014

Colour and Free Form


I had a wonderful day out at my friend Jan's. First up the view from Jan's sewing room is to die for. To wake up to this each day and then to create and stitch with this scenery would be magic.

We had a creative time designing small free form quilts. There is a lovely story to go with the fabric used in the small quilts.. A group of us from Emerald lost our friend Robyn to cancer. Robyn gave a very large bag of homespun to Laurene  and she never new what to do with it all. After a workshop last year with Gwen Marston she come up with the lovely idea to give the fabric out to every one and they could make there own quilt in memory of Robyn. Jan and I have taken it one step more. We have made 7 small quilt for all the girls involved.




                                               2 quilts made by Jan on the day.








                                           3 little quilts I made on the day.

 
For the next few days I was busy making small quilts. I had a lovely time stitching and playing with all the colour and free form sewing. I do love the design fun and freedom you have with this type of stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! The sentiment is even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy I love the quilts and the thought behind them makes then even more special, I'm sure the recipients will love them. I look forward to when you have your own sewing room and I'm coming to visit to spend some time sewing (or more likely knowing me, just talking and admiring whatever you do).

    ReplyDelete