Friday 2 September 2011


Pretty Maids in a Row

This is a quick post - I've got a few ladies coming for Afternoon Tea today and wanted to share these quilts before I forget!

Until earlier this year, I owned a patchwork shop with my friend Bev. We closed it at the end of March, and I made this quilt while we were still operating to try out the Dresden Plate templates we had for sale.  I was planning to make it into a class for the shop - may still happen yet.  Although I've been teaching patchwork and quilting classes locally for many years now, last year I completed my Teacher Accreditation with Queensland Quilters.  I particularly love teaching although it can at times be challenging to develop a class, sharing skills and ideas with others is certainly very rewarding and to be honest I get not just satisfaction myself but most classes I'm inspired by what the partcipants create or bring along to share.

Quilting Detail

I quilted it myself - I particularly love free motion quilting! _ I'm a much better quilter than blogger as I'm finding it #$%^^&* difficult to get these photos to go where I want them.  I'm giving up and will work with blogger. 
I have quite a few books and have been particularly inspired by the work of some wonderful artists and patchworks.  Particularly Nancy Crowe, Jean Wells, Gwen Marsden, Katie Pasquini and many others.  So this next quilt came about when I was given fabrics from the "Sugar Snap" range by Melissa Averinos for Free Spirit Fabrics and wanted to do something that showcased the lovely fabrics.  This is what I came up with, again quilted by myself because I wanted to play with my walking foot. Anyway enough for today - I've got tea to prepare.


No comments:

Post a Comment