Friday 30 September 2011

Sewing, Gardenind & Family

                                             Toowoomba Flower Festival Parade
I really like the colours & movement in this photo.


Had the morning at the markets.
All the Ken Dolls were lined up so neat
waiting to be sold.
 
While in Toowoomba I stayed with my Anuty Mary & Uncle Allan, Mum was also staying plus cousin Jan was with us.We all love plants & gardens.
Mary is in the Geranium club, they had a big display & sale on over the weekend. Mum & I went along to help. I think the best help we done was to buy boxes full of Geraniums. I didnt know there were so many different kinds.( well I have a good variety now )
Went of to see the Champion Garden.It was stunning, absolutely beautifull.So many flowers,colour & the perfume. No words to describe it.You had lots to look at. They also had mosaics through out the garden. Another of my favourite things



Mum & Mary in the back ground. Dont you love the lines in this picture. The straigt & curved lines work so well together. Wonderful idea for a quilt.

Its off to Precious Times for a Sue Ross workshop. Sue is a wonderful lady We had a very busy few days.
Sue had lots of inspiration ideas to show us how to use the arcs we made.
To add little bits & pieces makes a big difference to your quilt.
Lisa & Majella spoilt us. They had Yummy food for morning tea , afternoon tea &  lunch.
Thank you girls it was great.

My quilt , still working on it. I am happy with the light blue background but not with the pink in the centre of the arcs.Will try a few new colours, thinking yellow.

Sues quilt

On the road home.Bev took a short cut. Did I say that I went to Toowoomba with Bev. She done 2 workshops at Precious Times while I was out & about looking at gardens. We both done Sues ''Pickle Dish'" workshop.
The short cut took us on a dirt road. It was a pretty drive ,how much shorter I dont know.Its still a long drive (about 9 hours)


No comments:

Post a Comment