Tuesday 25 October 2011

Brisbane Weekend

 I just had four days in Brisbane. Went down with my friend Bev. We went to the Queensland Quilt show & Stitchers & Craft. The quilts were wonderfull. You really need a good day to look at them all. I did take lots of photos, but I only put my quilt "Afican Beauty", up for you to look at. (With the copy rights I thought I had better not put any others on my blog) I come home with lots of insperasion.

 Also meet up with one of the ladys from our old sewing group, Helen. It was really good to catch up.
Bev, Helen & I went off to lunch, we had lots to talk about. Its been years since I saw Helen but it only felt like yesturday. There were 7 of us in our sewing group. As time has gone on & people move away there is only 2 of us now (Sylvia & I are hanging in there).


On the way home we stopped of at  Eagle Farm Markets. Bevs lovely son Chris run us to the markets on the way to the Airport. Great little market. So much food & lots more to look at. Just a pity we could'nt  fit any more in our bags.
 Took photos of the grandstand. Wonderfull quilting designs & piecing ideas.All the lines would make a stunning quilt. More ideas & designs to work on.
                                                       Its never ending the ideas we see around us.
    Walking around the markets you see so much colour. More insperasion for quilts.
 The flower stall was to die for, and they had them set out in colour shades red, pink, yellow & so on.
 Walking back to the car I saw a few Fig trees.The branches were all interlocked, twisted & meshed together. Very interesting, took more photos but his one with the bits sticking out the side really took my fancy.
  I have a feeling Chris thought I was quite mad, taking random photos of trees, the skyline and the market place.

 Well our time in Brisbane is over. It's back on the plane to Emerald and home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment