Wednesday 19 October 2011

Jo's Quilt

                                          My lovely daugther Megan.
She will be 21 in January.We have both been busy making the invitations. My sewing room had been taken over with writing matrials and pens. All finished & in the post now, thank heavens.


 In the last post I had all the fabrics picked ready for the next quilt I wanted to make. Jo's Quilt. After a few days of cutting & sewing I end up with Log Cabin blocks.  All Green & Pink. The blocks are all up on the design wall waiting to see what happens next. I'm not sure if I like it, but I showed it to Jo & she said it was lovely. Which is all that matters really.


 Stitched the blocks together and added 2 small borders. I made up more blocks, some different ones this time.
I must say this quilt is not my colours at all, but it is slowly starting to grow on me.


 When I was working on the samples for the first step in my No Rules No Rulers class, I got a bit carryed away with the amount of blocks I made . They were lots of fun to make & I was finaly using my own hand dyed fabric. It just seem to grow & grow.    
                                          Doug, my very patient husband holding up my quilt.

 I had a pile of quilt tops ready to be quilted. They had growen so much it was scary, I just did'nt know were to start. In the end it got the better of me & I sent 3 off to my friend  Evol to quilt. She is a lovely lady, and not just because she did the quilts for me.
She's also great at giving me plant cuttings from her garden, I do love this and her of course.

These are a couple of close ups the quilts Evol quilted for me. Lovely work she's done with them. I really think that the circle patterned quilting goes well with the squares of the fabric.

Well I'm off to the quilt show in Brisbane tomorrow morning, very exciting. Bev and I are going for a few days to check out all the stunning quilts that are on display this year. I'm sure there'll also be a rather large dent in our purses after we hit the Stiches and Craft fair, can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment