Wednesday 4 January 2012

Donking around at Christmas

 We had lots of visitors for Christmas & New Year. The Becketts even arrived with a Donkey (his name is George) Very cute fellow. George is going to live with Daniel & his family. George is to be a guard donkey. He is to run with Daniels miniature cattle & guard them, aparently donkey's are really good a protecting what they live with.
George liked to play with his ball. He would throw, kick & run with the ball every morning be fore he was taken out to a different tree for the day.
 


I still had time to put Martin,s quilt top together while our first lot of visitors were here (I really only had to add the boarder but at least I got it done) Passed it on to Evol to quilt for me. Another 21st quilt almost done.

Close up of the fabric I have used in Martins quilt, lots of good boy fabrics

 The night before Christmas more of our family arrived, The house was almost full (we had 15 for Christmas) After Christmas we had more, about 24. Now the house was full. But it was great, wonderful to have family & friends around at this time of the year.

               Under the Christmas tree was full. Í dont think we could of put any more under it.
                                                                      Christmas lunch

Sally & I even got time to do a bit of sewing. Fix up work. I was unpicking & Sally had to stitch her Yo-Yo quilt back together in places. Any hints on how to stop the stitches from busting?
It is a bad photo but I had to show that I still got a little sewing work done.



Our  lovely daughter Megan had her 21st Birthday on New Years eve. More family & friends arrived for the party.We had a crazy night. Young & old enjoying the birthday party & the new year.

                                                                    Megan & I

Few days in to the new year our  visitors started to return home. Daniel was all packed up & ready to head of with his new addition to the family. Geroge is in the back of the Ute & waiting to go. Kenny Watson the wolf hound is riding with George. The end of the holidays is always sad. It hard to say good bye to every one. Doug & I are going to be lost for a few days.
 I had better go, Evol just rang to say she has a quilt ready for me to pick up. It's exciting  picking up a newly quilted quilt, its always a bit of a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment