Saturday 31 March 2012

22 Brithday an still no 21st quilt

I made this floor cushion for my niece Terri.
It was her 22 birthday. I made the cushion from the same fabric that I have done her quilt in. Greys & blacks with a splash of gold.
 I have the quilt top almost finish but the quilting is going to take a while.
I'm sorry Terri, hopefully next year it will be all ready for you.




In a few weeks I will be teaching a new class at Peter's sewing centre.
"Convergence quilts".
This is the sample I made for the class
                                                Close up of the raw edge applique &quilting



                                                               Bali Pop Bags
We have just done a class making Bali pop bags.This class was also at Peters sewing centre.
 It was a lovely day. All the lady's worked so hard & accomplish so much.
Every one went home with there bags almost finished.
                                                    Starting the base
                                                      Working up the sides
                                                       Ready to put the handles in
                                                          Just a few more rows to go
 All the colours of the bags are wonderful. The Bali pops work so well in this bag.




Out side my sewing room window I have a lovely big pot of Hoya.  This stunning plant come from my gorgeous friend Sally. The Hoya has just started to flower, it's so pretty. Hoya is one of my favourites, it always reminds me of my grandma.

I had better sign off. Hopefully this time it will work. Two hours ago a lost every thing, how I dont know. Pushed the wrong key & puff its all gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment