Thursday 15 March 2012

Almost at the end...

The girls in my Beginners group are almost to the end of their quilts. Today they were very busy quilting, all did a wonderful job.  Next week we'll attach the binding, rod pocket & labels.
Top photo is Deb with her lovely soft & cuddly flanel quilt.
                                     Fiona's beautiful bright owl quilt.
Kathie made a very pretty floral quilt. The photo was taken a few weeks ago, she now has the borders on and almost finished the quilting.

Hopefully I'll soon have photos of the quilts the other ladies in the group made to show you.
When this beginners class is finished the ladies have asked me to show them Bali Pop Bags. The class is open to anybody that would like to join us - if you'd like to attend you can contact me by email or give Liz or Peter at Peter Taylor's Sewing Centre a call.
After this we're planning a class similar to a Ricki Tims Conversion Quilts. An amazing little quilt great for using larger panels.

                                      The ladies busy quilting their beginners quilts.

Over the past couple of weeks Bev, Evol and I have gotten together to make red and white quilts to send off to Sandy at the Silver Thimble. The Mount Isa Group Ladies are convening a Red and White Quilt Display.  Any of the funds raised will be going to their Local Aged Persons Facilities. This is a wonderful event and I hope that any who can will try and help out.  I believe the quilts will be on display at lots of places over the next few months, and in Barcaldine some time in September - I'll have to go for another visit.
  
The pictures below are the two quilts that we put together.  I have the job of adding the rod pocket and sewing the binding on this one.  Bev can do the next and Evol of course is quilting both!
                                       

                                                       Bev busy working out the creases.

Over the last few days I've also been busy too - quilting a Block Roll for my lovely friend Sylvia.  Great chance to add a feather or two! 


                                   Next was a new Book Cover, made from Home-Made felt and Confetti work.



                                        A close up of the work on the Book Cover.


Lastly, my second Bali Pop Bag.  This one's a gift for the fantastic and bendy Yoga teacher I have - Meagan.
Well I must be off,  my super amazing typist daughter is pestering me for her cushion. I'll update with a few photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment